Get your entries in to Harry Smith for the Alumni Reunion and Coach Harry Groves Golf Tournament! May 16, 17.
No entry form needed. Just send a note and check to Harry Smith at the above linked post address!
Golf and all activities $150
Friday Reception at Damon's only, $25
Alumni "Run" Saturday morning $0
Awards Dinner at Damon's only, $50

Recent Grads (5 years) $100 for Golf and all activities
Those flying in $125 for everything

Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Another Academic Honor By Marriage


Way back, even before I made it to PSU, I met Heather Carmichael at an all-comers meet at Millersville.  She was there with Arthur Lydiard scouting out colleges for his "girls".  I had the pleasure of meeting both of them after I won the 2-Mile and the Steeplechase that day.  Took a nice warm-down run with her when she said she was leaning toward PSU, where I had just found out that Coach Groves would allow me to walk on.  Small world!  I still have one of the mittens Heather made for me in 1978.  Apparently, knitting is easy for someone from a land where sheep outnumber people 2 to 1.


Our Official Physicist and great friend Brian Boyer sent me word of her husband Tom Richardson's recent honor of a Penn State Alumni  Fellow Award.

Heather Carmichael, foreground, with Arthur Lydiard.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That figure in the background looked a bit like Alan Scharsu!!!

 
Web Statistics