Sunday, August 17, 2014

This First Pitch Was a Miracle

Scott Fahs

I had almost nothing at all to do with it, but I can't help but smile anyway.  One of my patients got the opportunity to throw out the first pitch at Oriole Park at Camden Yards recently.  You aren't likely to find more of an Oriole fan anywhere.  All I did was help him with his (sometimes significant) foot problems over the years.*


Scott Fahs has been a patient for a number of years, and I've seen his transformation recently as somewhat of a miracle.  His son graduated from high school with my daughter recently, and he never figured he would live to see it.  Now he actually will be beginning rehab in addition to all the practice he did throwing the baseball!  You can read some about his medical pilgrimage and his love of the Orioles in this article:

Heart transplant recipient, avid "School of Roch" fan Fahs to throw out first pitch

He assured me he would do better than President Obama and Fitty Cent, and he followed through!



*I obtained verbal permission from Scott to divulge even that minimal information on his medical care to comply with the HIPAA requirements.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. Keep up the good work! (Try to mention others to encourage them to comment too!)

 
Web Statistics