Friday, August 15, 2014

Was My Grandmother Right All Along?

Whenever I told her about my runs, she was mystified about the whole sport.  She never understood anything about it.  When I would tell her I just returned from a ten mile run, she would reply, "But you're still here?"  She really never understood why someone would voluntarily run any more than a little without coercion.  She would immediately begin cooking something to fatten me up.  (It ended up working only years after her passing!)

And now there is all this "scientific confirmation" that long distances and strenuous exercise is detrimental to one's health.  Maybe anything more than 4 miles daily will kill you! I'm, of course, quite skeptical of these scientists.  These are the same types of people that told us coffee will kill us, cure us and then kill us again.  Butter is now preferred to margarine by "experts".  And don't get me started about the whole salt intake dichotomy... 

Artist's Conception of a 35 mile/week runner and racketball player

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. Keep up the good work! (Try to mention others to encourage them to comment too!)

 
Web Statistics