Sunday, September 14, 2014

Coach Grove Behind the Wheel at His Meet

I let the (good) details to others, but I wanted to pass along this good pic of Coach Groves sent to us by pole vaulter Don Skerpon. But as I told Don, step away as quickly as possible when Coach is behind the wheel of a golf cart!

Coach Groves behind the wheel.
He's hardly changed a bit. I think that's 1980, but I'm not sure!
I spent the morning and early afternoon in Suburban Pittsburgh for the Penn State Greater Allegheny Invitational There's a whole other world out there in PSU cross country.  And I'm pleased to see it.  It may not be quite as fast as the University Park Division I team, but it is thriving none the less.  There were teams from 7 PSUAC branch campuses and several other Division III teams in McKeesport for the race.  Daughter the Elder placed 7th with another big improvement under Coach Preston's tutelage.  The entire PSU Mont Alto team had improvement from last weeks very competitive race at Division II Shippensburg.  It is great to see cross country is thriving at every level.  It very well could be the best sport of all!

Greater Allegheny Invitational, PSUAC

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. Keep up the good work! (Try to mention others to encourage them to comment too!)

 
Web Statistics