Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Now Physicists Are Even Crowding Us Podiatrists

I never argue with patients.  Well, almost never.  In the thousands of times a patient has admonished me for "not cutting their nails straight across" I've held my tongue with the knowledge that the consumer is always right, even when they are spectacularly wrong.   I do the same when confronted by women with all sorts of overuse injuries at the end of every summer refusing to believe that their "good" flip-flops could possibly be the cause.  Or that the 6:1 ratio of bunionectomies in women:men isn't due to "good" women's shoes. (Not the cause of the bunion, just the cause of the need of a surgical fix, mind you.)

Well, now I have a formula to throw back at those with ingrown toenails, developed by physicists, to explain the cause of them.  Not that it matters in the slightest.  I still have to fix them.  And no patient ever believes what a doctor tells them anyway, be it a podiatrist or a Physicist!


1 comment:

  1. Coach always told me my ingrown toenail was from kicking ass.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. Keep up the good work! (Try to mention others to encourage them to comment too!)

 
Web Statistics