Tuesday, October 7, 2014

What Was Your Goofiest Race Prize?

The Fall is here, bringing with it the most concentrated period of road races across the nation.  In looking back, I have memories of a few races where the prizes were different.  One of my better races was a 10-Mile Turkey Trot where I actually won a turkey.  I also was ninth at an Arts Festival 10-Miler, but with all the age group prizes going before me I got to select last off the table of donated gifts and got a paint-by-number painting.

 What was your most eccentric or memorable race prize?


3 comments:

  1. 20 lbs. of sugar for a 10K in Malawi.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A racket-ball racket at the Arts Festival 10-Miler. I picked right before Charlie Maguire who really wanted the racket.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A pizza from Little Tony's in Boalsburg.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. Keep up the good work! (Try to mention others to encourage them to comment too!)

 
Web Statistics