Thursday, November 6, 2014

Coach Groves Gets Back On His Feet

It's only a matter of time until my a$$ is kicked!

Coach Whittaker, last year's foursome captain of the oldest group to ever golf in the Coach Groves Golf Tourney, paid Coach Groves a visit and brings us good news.

Coach Groves has adjusted well to his new surroundings.  He is feeling much better.  He is stronger and eating better following his injuries and illnesses.  Let's hope you never find out how hard that is!   Although Bill reports he is not yet chasing nurses.  He relates that Coach was very pleased with the giant get well card from the team I reported on earlier.  And despite the image you may have of him, he relishes the attention we bestow on him at our annual reunion and golf tourney.  He also delights in visits from the universe of PSU track and field and cross country.  Consider a visit to Coach.  It will cheer you and him up, I'm sure.


Coach Bill Whittaker and Coach Groves in "Suburban" State College.

1 comment:

  1. I am so glad to hear good news about Coach Groves. I was a walk-on scrub back in 1981. I knew I was in over my head, but I also knew I loved the sport and wanted to coach one day. Coach Groves could have / should have told me to hit the road, but instead settled for just beating the crap out of me each day at practice. A few years ago I talked to Coach in Eugene on his way to Jr. Worlds. When I re-introduced myself and said that I was a coach you would have thought I had been a big-deal athlete or a long-lost relative. It was humbling. Get well, Coach.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. Keep up the good work! (Try to mention others to encourage them to comment too!)

 
Web Statistics