Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Let It Snow, Let It Snow, Let It Snow...

As I await the first snowfall of the year at Blog Central, I have to admit having the day off gives me a great sense of relief.  Our thoughts go out to brethren like Bob Hudson who braved upwards of 7 feet of the white death last week.  (Anyone else?)


So I will use this opportunity to just bring some updates to previous posts:

First up,  Drones!  Since we discussed them last there have been updates to the machines and the cameras and the gimbals that keep the images stable.  Wow.  There have also been rumors of coming laws just about everywhere that will make them problematic for many.

Since my piggy bank is not yet full (far from it!), I have not yet made the leap to purchase one yet, but I have become aware of a possible alternative for simply the price of a good camera and a slice of bread!



And Here's a race we all can sink our teeth into.  It's only 4 miles long, but it's what is in the middle that can be the challenge.  Has anyone done this?  I know in my youth I would have been very good at this particular division of the running scene.  Like President Clinton, many of my runs had McDonalds at the end (or even in the middle!).


Addendum:  Bob Hudson has reported in to Blog Central with his harrowing tale of near Donner Party dimensions...    Not really.  He reports he had about 7 inches of snow, not 7 feet like those nearby.  And it all melted by today.  He knows well the vagaries of Lake-Effect Snow!  Glad you are OK.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. Keep up the good work! (Try to mention others to encourage them to comment too!)

 
Web Statistics