Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Moving Up!

The Penn State men moved up to #23 in the recent USTFCCA National Coaches Poll. The week 6 cross country ranking is the final one released before regionals next week and being number #23 certainly helps the Nittany Lions when it comes getting an at-large berth for the big dance. Of course, they can always qualify automatically by securing a top two finish next Friday.



In other running news Meb Keflezighi has been been nominated for Sports Illustrated Sportsman of the Year by Tim Layden. If only I had a vote because I can't think of anyone more deserving.

1 comment:

  1. I knew Tim Layden when he was a sportswriter for the Schenectady Gazette. He was on our Athletic Attic running team in the area. He always put my name in the paper when I ran races. Never got me any dates –but hey.

    Nice Guy. Was on LI Newsday staff in 92 when I went to BNL. Soon after hit the big time at SI. Wrote great article in Newsday on Barry Brown and his suicide. I knew Brown from 80-83 and his wife.

    Great article – sad tale.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. Keep up the good work! (Try to mention others to encourage them to comment too!)

 
Web Statistics