Monday, July 6, 2015

Have A Nice Trip, See You After The Fall

An American record in the 3000M Steeplechase despite falling at the last barrier!  Evan Jager is rather amazing.  8:00.43!  Do any of you have memories of a steeplechase accident?



"I can't believe how fast I was running."
-Evan Jager.

Only once in my life did I ever say that (to myself).  During a workout in my Freshman year, Coach Groves had us run a 3/4 mile "pick-up" which was to be near maximum.  This ended on the downhill stretch leading to the western entrance to Toftrees back when there wasn't much there except for Toftrees.  I remember, and noted a 3:03 3/4 mile time, as barked out by Coach himself. I don't care by how much he may have mismeasured, it was still the fastest I ever ran for that far. It was downhill, but that feeling of going that fast for so long was seared into my memory.  Never to be repeated, may I add!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. Keep up the good work! (Try to mention others to encourage them to comment too!)

 
Web Statistics