Friday, August 21, 2015

Final Submissions Before The World Championships Begin


 Follow the IAAF action on your phone with the Android or iPhone app. iPhone   Android

Two Nittany Lions made the top 25 Pennsylvania athletes to watch in 2015-2016 from the Breitbart News source.  (The right-wing site started by the guy that hilariously hijacked the Anthony Weiner Sexting Press Conference.)

Glen Burkhardt, Penn State, Track/Field, 5,000m Run
Lexi Masterson, Penn State, Track/Field, Pole Vault



My repost of the Old School/New School High School Cross Country season generated both scorn and adulation.  We'll leave the scorn in a basement in Staten Island NY, but report that the award winning Once Upon a Time In the Vest blog is going to repost it to a wider audience.  George Brose identified with numerous items on the list and even provided proof I was correct all along.

Coach Tom Farrell of St. Johns with texting athlete. (Wut R U doin?)
I wish I had a photo of the 9th grade XC runner with the neck tattoo...

Artists conception.


Hillary Clinton's father did not play football for Penn State on a scholarship, but he did play sparingly for the Nittany Lions. He was a 1934 Letterman. (Of course, my "scholarship" was one pair of New Balance, or were they Brooks, shoes which hurt my feet and I never ran in. So who am I to complain?)

Nationalism seems to be taking hold of the Beer Mile craze.  With Australia and Canada setting recent World Records, can the USA make a comeback?  (Thanks to KKOB for the link.)




2 comments:

  1. SCORN???
    Over Old School v. New School?
    In Trump-like manner: Must be someone(s) who got stuck in a short yellow bus in Middle School.

    KKOB80

    ReplyDelete
  2. Scorn is my middle name. Well, it's Foster. But it comes with the territory, I suppose.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. Keep up the good work! (Try to mention others to encourage them to comment too!)

 
Web Statistics