Wednesday, April 13, 2016

Let's Create A Distance Running Program We Can All Agree On (Maybe An Impossible Task?)

This just won't be good enough!
I love to get feedback.  Often it is good, but sometimes it is bad.  So I figured we should start a chain of training advice and keep adding to it, or subtracting from it, or altering it until we all have a consensus on a good overall distance training program for a promising newcomer to the sport. Maybe it's a pipe dream and all we will do is argue.  But let's give it a go.  Everyone is welcome.

Similar to other things like this I have tried, this may be a complete flop, but I think it has potential for an interesting discussion, give-and-take, and pleasant arguments.  It may also reveal reasons why some of us were "good" distance runners while others were "great" distance runners.

In order to do this, we will have to use Facebook as our means of communication.  All of our posts are also on our Facebook Page and comments are enabled there.  Due to Trolls and other vermin, comments were eliminated directly on the Blog With It All.  (But even that may be changing soon!)  It will also mean that some of you who lurk in the shadows may have to chime in with a suggestions now and then.

I expect this to be a long-range project, much as my 800M Analysis Through the Decades is. (Since I really haven't started that yet!)

First Entry:   (from me)  The best piece of training advice I ever received was to run twice daily at least 5 days a week, preferably 6.

GO... 

 
Web Statistics