Tuesday, July 12, 2016

Heck, I'm So Slow I May Live Forever!

My daily routine is to try to run 3 miles daily on the treadmill.  I haven't even been able to keep up with that this year due to "outside interference", like Life.  But overall for the past 10 years or so, I have done nearly 3 daily (2.89 miles) and on more than 96% of days.  And I try to keep it to 11:00/mile or so, but sometimes I fall short of that.  Those that are younger than I may not realize how hard that can be for a former "runner" who was at least able to Letter at PSU in both Track and Cross Country and on some very fine teams.  All I can say to that is, "Just wait."! 

But now there is a minimal study out that seems to want to try and champion my efforts.  The study found that sloths like me may be doing ourselves more good than the jack rabbits among you.  They even cite the tortoise and the hare analogy.  I don't know if it is true or not but sloths outlived moderate speed joggers who, in turn, outlived the fastest among us.

Slow Runners Live Longer Than Runners Who Push Themselves to the Max

I am just trying to live to the "Singularity", the point at which all knowledge is available to us and we can theoretically live forever.  (Possibly by 2040?)  I figure I can stop jogging then!

 

 
Web Statistics