Monday, October 30, 2017

A Weekend Without Football


My observation that the Nittany Lions always play better when I don't watch them was given a setback of sorts this weekend.  I spent the day in a practically empty State College with theam away in Columbus.  Almost no one had awakened by 11:00am as I arrived on campus.

My superstition against watching, (I didn't even listen!) so as to promote a win ALMOST worked for the 11th time in a row.  I find it amusing that although the Lions dropped 5 places in the polls, they rose in the Sagarin Computer Rankings to 3rd from 6th or 7th.  They now reside less than 1 point below Ohio State, which seems to me to be an accurate reflection of reality.

My jaunt around campus was rewarded with a plate of Kung Pao at the HUB Panda Express!


I think that's Hanna Humprey's dad on the mural fishing.


2 comments:

  1. With regard to the B1G XC meet, PSU's third finisher Andrew Sell was unfamiliar to me. I checked the PSU XC roster and he is not listed. A web search indicates that he was a member of PSU's club XC team. Pretty impressive to step up from the club team to the varsity and finish third for the team and 39th overall. I'm surprised that Andrew's performance hasn't received any coverage. Perhaps someone from the PSU XC staff would like to comment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks fort the info. All of us walk-ons can rejoice. Heck, everybody can feel good about this one. I will try to get more info about this.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. Keep up the good work! (Try to mention others to encourage them to comment too!)

 
Web Statistics