Thursday, August 7, 2008

Steeplechasers Unite!

Arthur Lydiard watches Heather Carmichael (foreground) and "His Girls" bounding hills, circa 1978. Heather won the Peachtree Road Race soon after.


I hope to make next year's outing the Year of the Steeplechaser. So far my efforts have been fruitless, but I refuse to give up. I'm looking to get all the best steeplechasers together for next year's golf outing. Let's see if any of them can drain a twenty-footer! My best steeplechase was actually run during high school at a summer all-comers meet in Millersville PA. In attendance was future Penn Stater Heather Carmichael and her coach, Arthur Lydiard. He actually said "good race" afterward. If he had only known that after specific training for it in college, I could never equal that whim of a race! (I know, pitiful.)

Oh you people of little faith, I pity you. This video is not of me running a high school steeplechase. View this in order to know that you should wear spikes when running
a steeplechase. I can't believe no one viewed this yet!


Kid Fails At Steeplechase - Watch more free videos

A belated hello to Kyle Bernhardy, PSU Track alum of the 90's, now living in Costa Rica! One mystery is solved, but others remain. What is the state of Track and Field in Costa Rica? And what about golf in Central America? Let us know what's going on there. How hot is it? Welcome to the world of PSU Track Alumni Golf.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. Keep up the good work! (Try to mention others to encourage them to comment too!)

 
Web Statistics