Thursday, May 27, 2010

NCAA Regionals Begin

I had the pleasure of a half-hour conversation with Coach Groves at the track Saturday while others were out on the First Annual Alumni "Run".  (Don't worry, I ran 1 1/2 miles to keep the streak alive!)  It also gave me the reward of seeing the Women's Team workout and the Men's team warm-up for their practice.  I was impressed with the organization of the whole thing.  They also look quite ready to represent PSU.  The 600 meter time-trial for the 4 (!) PSU mens 800 M qualifiers was incredible to say the least.  I'll not release details, but all four are looking good.  I wished them well in the effort to keep "PSU is 800 U" alive.

Here's Tim Backenstose's video creation of this year's 4 X 800 M Relay at Penn Relays.  PSU was third in the event, which just shows how great this event is.



Coming Tomorrow!  Final Results of the Ninth Annual Harry Groves Golf Tourney .

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. Keep up the good work! (Try to mention others to encourage them to comment too!)

 
Web Statistics