Thursday, July 28, 2011

The Boys of Summer

"Baseball been berra berra good to me."
-Chico Escuela.

Another no-hitter was thrown last night, which got me to thinking to all the baseball games I've been to and how I've never seen a no-hitter.  Have you?  I did see a Phillies fill-in starter pulled after six innings while throwing a no-hitter.  I can't even remember his name. What has been the best baseball moment you have witnessed in the stands?

Mine was a bittersweet moment indeed.  I saw Pete Rose tie Stan Musial's National League hit mark in Veteran's Stadium.  I wasn't even in the cheap seats, and had splurged for once just to get a little closer.  Nolan Ryan then struck him out three straight times to deny him the record.  All of MLB then went on strike right after that game and Pete had to wait until the strike ended.  It was only the second time in his career that he had struck out three times in a row.

Jun 10, 1981 - Phillies 1B Pete Rose singles off Nolan Ryan in the first inning to tie Stan Musial as the NL's all-time hit leader with 3‚630‚ then strikes out in his next 3 at bats. Rose's single is the only hit off Ryan until the 8th inning‚ when Philadelphia scores 5 times for a 5-4 win over Houston.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. Keep up the good work! (Try to mention others to encourage them to comment too!)

 
Web Statistics