Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Brian Fuller Rocks the Alumni Singlet in Philadelphia

When my day job allows, I plan on working on having another sale of Penn State Track Alumni Singlets originally brought to us by Dennis Pollow.  Since he has left State College, Dennis can't do the legwork on the next batch, for which there has been some clamoring.  I haven't decided on who I'm going to ask to help make arrangements.  If there are any volunteers in State College, let me know.  (Don't all rush to the internet at once guys...)

Brian Fuller, despite being gainfully employed full time, enjoyed a great run at the Philadelphia Half-Marathon this weekend.  His 1:07:10 is "a great time in a great city" as we always said when we lived there.  Tyler McCandless bounced back from his Hawaiian Marathon victory with a spirited 1:04:57 after just several weeks.  He says his secret is living good, but I found that not to work in the past, so there must be something else!  I don't think he sported an alumni singlet however.  We can't afford the professional fees involved with that!

Remember, fellow PSU Track alum (redacted) set the American Record at this race in the early 80's, so I suppose PSU is starting to develop a reputation at this race.  High Jumper Paul Souza and his Velveteen Playboys were slated to perform at last year's finish line (it's a Rock N Roll Race!), but had to cancel at the last minute.

2 comments:

  1. The '80s Lady Lions were well represented last year. Doreen McCoubrie (Startare) ran 1:21:16 for a Masters 4th place finish.
    Wow,
    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the update! I remember her fondly. That is a "great run in a great city" also. You earn an honorary corespondent commendation for alerting me. That and $5 gets you a Starbucks coffee!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. Keep up the good work! (Try to mention others to encourage them to comment too!)

 
Web Statistics