Sunday, January 19, 2014

The NSA Versus Disney: And A Dopey Challenge

This year's version of "Trapped Like a Rat" was even more so than ever before.*  The addition of the Magic Bands made sure that Disney and Co. could track our every move and much, much more. And yet everyone voluntarily placed their band on their wrist and went about having a glorious time conquering the Dopey Challenge.

I'm not sure how I feel about it.  The RFID long-range chip in the band is more of an intrusion into our daily lives than anything the NSA has on us.**  But then again, Disney is not the government.  At least I don't think so?  Here's a little better treatise on the subject than I can bring to the table. And it introduces most of us to the concept of Meat-Space, as opposed to cyberspace.


An innocuous wrist band.
Gary Black is Perfectly Dopey. Except for his hips.
Barb Black is Perfectly Dopey and a 5-time Goofy.
Anne and Martha ran the 5K.
*My Love/Hate of everything Disney doesn't stop me from contributing to their coffers every year.

**A very smart person told me 8 years ago that the NSA and "other agencies" knew everything I say and do,  everywhere I went and everything I write.  I did not believe him at the time, but I do now. C'est la vie.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. Keep up the good work! (Try to mention others to encourage them to comment too!)

 
Web Statistics