Wednesday, August 15, 2018

Sad, Sad News

 

Penn State track prospect shot dead in Philadelphia

An 18-year-old man who died Tuesday after having been shot in the head the night before in Philadelphia’s West Oak Lane section has been identified as a former high school track star who was to report to Pennsylvania State University this week to begin his freshman year.

RIP Kristian Marche.  Update:  I received word from Leon Woolford that Diamond Woolford coached Kristian this past season.  They visited with the family last night.  I asked Leon to relate my condolences to the family and friends on behalf of our entire group.  I already considered Kristian as one of us even though he didn't make it to University Park.  My heart is broken and my prayers are with the family and friends, as well as the Woolfords.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. Keep up the good work! (Try to mention others to encourage them to comment too!)

 
Web Statistics