Monday, August 26, 2019

Final Four Three Years In A Row Started in 1978!


If PSU's basketball team ever made the Final Four three years in a row, we would never hear the end of it.  And rightly so.  But 1978 was the first of 3 straight top-4 finishes for the Men in NCAA Cross Country!

Being a second-stringer on all three of those teams was OK by me.  A guppy in the Koi Pond of Division I NCAA XC was really fun.  I had the time of my life running with some of the best.  This year was hindered by a bout of pneumonia and a groin pull I sustained in Fencing Class!  (That's known as a high-ankle sprain nowadays...)  Never got rolling after all of that, but logged a lot of miles and made some of the best friends

Of all of the PSU team photos, this one shows my true size at the time.  I was the smallest guy on the team, even smaller than Alan Scharsu and Bob SnyderCoach Groves wouldn't even put my true weight on the team brochure, or whatever it was. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. Keep up the good work! (Try to mention others to encourage them to comment too!)

 
Web Statistics