Thursday, September 18, 2008

A Second Sub-4 Checks In:


The stable of sub-4 milers in the PSU Track Alumni Golf Community stands at two. Greg Fredericks joined us last year as Course Marshall and Queensbury Rules interpreter. Larry Mangan golfed with us in one of the early events, and has checked in lately to correct my errors in reporting. These facts have been confirmed by Mark Haywood, thus affirming the early Alzheimers diagnosis I have been dreading. (Alas, Mark is not a sub-4 miler!).

Rather than being embarrassed by my obvious lack of cognitive abilities, I will muster on, writing drivel by the notebook full, attempting to unite PSU Track Alumni to participate in our Reunion efforts. Can you help out a poor, forgetful colleague? And can you bring three dates for my friends? Fawn Lebouitz would be forever grateful.

Larry, I'll put you in the "possible" category!

Update: The Alzheimers diagnosis may be premature. In checking my voluminous records, I have realized that I was indeed injured at the time of whatever track meet I tried to remember. A freak phys. ed. class injury rendered my groin unsuitable for running. (Only a stupid sophomore would elect fencing as an adjunct to Coach Groves' workouts!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. Keep up the good work! (Try to mention others to encourage them to comment too!)

 
Web Statistics