Sunday, May 29, 2011

Foursome Number 3

"My" foursome is next.  I actually was responsible for putting together a rather good group.  If it hadn't been for me, we would have challenged for the Cup!

Former roommate Doug Kent brought his "A" game and used the tourney as a tune-up for another tourney on Sunday.  His attempt to ignore the Bird House on Hole 5 was met with skepticism from the other 3 of us, but he managed to cut the corner fantastically.  (Alas, we didn't use the shot.  Cheating isn't in our DNA!)  Coach Groves would have been proud of the effort, however.

Nick K. reminded me often that his game wasn't up to his usual standards, but needless to say, I would never know the difference.  A lot had to do with the saturation of the grounds.  You could actually hear water rushing underground in many places, as if an underground river was just feet below the surface.  It was also good to see that Nick has adjusted well to the shift from Urban to Rural existence.

Jeff Sanden took a break from his world travels to lend his Robo-Driver to our efforts.  There are so many buttons and plugs and switches on it I doubt I could even hold it, let alone swing it!  Our foursome ended up in third place, which isn't bad for a threesome and me.  Jeff also managed to earn the Golden Putter.  I'll deliver Horace personally soon, as Gregg Davis has delivered it to me because he couldn't attend this year's event.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. Keep up the good work! (Try to mention others to encourage them to comment too!)

 
Web Statistics