Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Friday Night Raffle

There will be raffles held at the Friday Night Reunion Evening at Damon's featuring a blanket woven with the great photo of the Nittany Lion Shrine I took many year's ago.  It really came out great and will make a nice addition to anyone's home.  It was made by Photoweavers.  When I called to inquire about it I talked with a gentleman who was intrigued by the image and asked when I graduated.  Our discussion evolved until he learned the item was for a raffle of PSU Track Alumni athletes.  He immediately asked if I knew Rick Kleban, someone he had worked with following college.  Small world, isn't it?  Turns out his company makes many of the items for sale at The Lion's Pride downtown.  He says this blanket turned out better than many of those items.  Go check out the prices on those and tell me that free isn't a bargain!  Last time I talked with Coach Groves he told me a story about the Kleban Brothers blowing up his mailbox when they were little kids, something I'd never have the guts to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. Keep up the good work! (Try to mention others to encourage them to comment too!)

 
Web Statistics