Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Running Vacations Continued

To continue yesterdays list of great vacation spots for a run. Most are out west and not necessarily a place to get a quality paced run, but the views certainly make up for it.

I'll let the pictures do most of the talking.

1) Angels Landing at Zion National Park

The view is worth the climb

It's a tad technical near the top though
2) Bryce Canyon National Park

Legit switchbacks
Painting or real?
3) Mount Timpanogos

"Hikers on the trails climb through montane forest, subalpine and alpine zones."

Star's at 7,000 feet above sea-level

Emerald Lake at 10,000 feet above sea level.

The altitude will kill you
The very top would of been ~12,000 feet above sea-level. We didn't have the daylight to make it.
Going down was harder than going up


1 comment:

  1. I also had 2 nights, 3 days at a 5-Star Hotel at Zermatt Switzerland, at the foot of the Matterhorn. The runs there were tough and scenic, but I have no pictures. I never saw the Matterhorn. It was in clouds the whole time. I was almost killed by an irate sheep herder, though. I have that going for me.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. Keep up the good work! (Try to mention others to encourage them to comment too!)

 
Web Statistics