Sunday, January 4, 2015

Trapped Like A Rat 10: Notes From The Road (At least I think it's 10?)

  1. This year's flu shot did not prevent the flu very well.  But it did lesson the severity and duration of the illness.  Trust me, I'm almost a doctor.
  2. Saw a fairly large boat that fell off a trailer onto 3 of the 4 lanes of I-95 near the Georgia/Florida border.  A boat is usually a big hole in the water that you throw lots of money into.  That one didn't make it into the water.  I think the fine for that maneuver should be in the $Thousands, at least.
  3. I have missed more days running in the past month than I did in the preceding 14 years. Back on the treadmill today.
  4. Stopped at The Murray Brother's Caddyshack off I-95 for lunch today.  A lifelong quest. Well, several years anyway.  The food was good and I picked up a few knick-knacks for the next Coach Groves Golf Tournament.  Did you know there are 6 Murray Brothers?  Or is it 7?

  5. Took 3 days to get here to Orlando and am currently ensconced next to the big Ferris Wheel under construction near Universal. Tomorrow is actually officially "trapped like a rat day 1".
  6. Both Gary Black ('82, '84 '86) and Barb Black ('80) are running The Dopey again this year.  That's the 10K, 5K, Half Marathon and Marathon on successive days.  Even Daughter the Elder may "bandit" the Half Marathon with my co-worker's number before she the rest of the family abandons Barb before Marathon day, as we must return to work and school earlier than she does.
  7. I spent 1/3 of what I did last year on gasoline for the trip from Blog Central to Orlando.  Gas is 2/3 of the price from last year, and I'm getting more than double the gas mileage with my new Hybrid even though I added a roof-top cargo carrier to it!  Go ahead, check my math. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. Keep up the good work! (Try to mention others to encourage them to comment too!)

 
Web Statistics