Friday, January 9, 2015

Trapped Like A Rat Ten: The RunDisney Expo

Just a little lull in blogging due to the constraints of a vacation and the time limitations which come with it.  Daughter the Younger helped me out by trying to capture the feelings of the Run Disney Expo at the Disney ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex with her brand new Canon Eos Rebel.  It's the biggest running expo I have been to, and worth coming to even if you don't run any of the races.

My favorite place has always been the Polar Electro Inc  Booth, where I have bought a new watch every year for the past 6 years.  Even though I only sometimes run outside, my gadget fetish and obsessive/compulsive personality means I must keep up with the latest in technology. Each year, Barb inherits last year's model for use during her Dopey Challenge.  So far, this has worked quite well.  My hats off to Paul Hinson, Senior Territory Sales Representative for North Florida, Puerto Rico and the Caribbean. He works with Florida State among other Universities.  He has helped me out so many times in setting things up, and has the patience of Job. I'll be bugging him by email to get my bluetooth foot pod up and running once the firmware is updated. I am very brand loyal when it comes to Polar watches and heart rate monitors.  They are the only brand which are certified by medical authorities.  I recommend them highly. Thanks,Paul.


Paul Hinson. He's like family.
The Expo is quite remarkable for its size, but also for the fact that it goes all day for 4 straight days. The people manning the booths are some of the greatest endurance athletes you will encounter, even though you are hanging out with 45,000 runners during the entire event.  Here's some of my Daughter the Younger's handiwork with her camera.

They don't call it Or-Line-do for nothing.

Mobbing the computers to sign waivers.

The Expo Floor (now one of two!) just after opening. Soon to be mobbed.

The black and white retro Run Disney 2015 New Balance shoe.

This year's Run Disney models. Tens of thousands will sell.

We're here to see Barb continue to be "perfectly Dopey".


Starting to get crowded.

The parking lot was nearly full 1 hour before opening.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. Keep up the good work! (Try to mention others to encourage them to comment too!)

 
Web Statistics