Monday, February 27, 2017

A Devil Of A Big Ten Championship


It was a record-breaking overall performance by the Nittany Lions at the Indoor Big Ten Championships.   There were plenty of sensational performances at the Spire Institute and every phase of the team was represented.  Throws, Jumps, Sprints, Middle Distance and Distance members of the team were integral to the Womens team win and the Mens best ever finish!

I watched significant portions of the event via BTN2Go and tried to keep up with the results via the Big Ten site.  (If Undersecretary of Fun Billy Cvecko and myself were given 1/2 of the budget that the Big Ten dedicates to its website, we would have it running like a well-oiled machine instead of the garbage it currently is!)

I tried to pick out one event that sums up the whole Meet, and I will anger plenty with my choice of Performance of the Meet.  I will overlook 800U, the School Record 4 x 400M Relay, the first ever DMR victory by the Women and many others to choose...

The 60M victory by Xavier Smith takes the honors for his School Record 6.66 seconds.  Although it was a beast of a run, I really will feel better when he runs 6.65!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. Keep up the good work! (Try to mention others to encourage them to comment too!)

 
Web Statistics