Wednesday, November 22, 2017

Random Thanksgiving Memories


  • Freezing my feet every year at a high school football game because I wore flimsy sneakers in the cold and forgot about the six preceding years doing the same thing.
  • Always having the biggest turkey available which never fit into the roaster and had to have the legs and wings chopped off.
  • My Pappy chopping way-too-many onions on Wednesday night for the stuffing just to make all my aunts cry.
  • The backyard football game where my cousin sat on me and broke my collar bone. Ending my otherwise promising baseball career. (hee hee hee)
  • Running my best race ever at the Millersville Turkey Trot in 1977.  51:11 ten miler for 5th place.  Even won a frozen turkey in the raffle.
  • Watching the high school football game between New Rochelle and Iona Prep on TV.  They are across the street from each other.
  • Seeing if my cousin could eat a piece of every dessert available.  He always did.
  • Having a choice of three different cream puffs for dessert.
  • Having all the aunts head out to the sweater sale at a factory Mill on Friday.  The precursor of Black Friday today.
  • Taking my pet mouse to the Pitt football game in my coat because the dorms didn't open until after the Saturday game was finished.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. Keep up the good work! (Try to mention others to encourage them to comment too!)

 
Web Statistics