Monday, July 15, 2019

1977 Cross Country Team: My Finest Season


This was my first team at PSU.  I trained like a monster in the year leading up to this, and it paid off big for me.  I made the Travel Team for the first 3 meets of the year and Lettered on a team that finished 10th at the NCAA Championships.

I was lured into a false sense of my talent because of the early season injury of Bob Snyder and the rounding into shape of a few other runners that ended up passing me by.  I never again placed that highly for the team, but then again we were top 4 in the NCAA Division One the rest of my "career"!

This was my favorite team, with so many teammates that are still friends and who I still look up to.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. Keep up the good work! (Try to mention others to encourage them to comment too!)

 
Web Statistics