Sunday, August 30, 2009

Paul Souza Takes Philadelphia By Storm!



The Outreach Facilitator (Barb Black) and I rumbled to Philly in the Hybrid and met other PSU Track Alumni Golfers for the Velveteen Playboys appearance at World Cafe Live. Paul Souza entertained the crowd with two energetic sets, showing that time hasn't slowed him down at all. It was a great show, keeping me up WAY past my bedtime and making me feel 30 years younger, (at least until I had to find my car in the monsoon afterward!)

A blast from the past shook us right before the first set, as Ted Lyon '83 sauntered in with the wit and good cheer I remembered from 30 years ago! Sitting at the table as I arrived were two other veteran Track Alumni Golfers, Larry Mangan and Holder of The Golden Putter, Bob Gabel. A respectable turn-out for our motley group. We get one more chance to see the Playboys in Philadelphia, as they will enliven the crowd at the finish line of the Philadelphia Distance Run on September 20th.

My attendance was rewarded with assurances that Ted, Larry and Bob will indeed attend next year's Harry Groves Golf Tournament and Reunion. Negotiations are under way for our new House Band to entertain us at next year's Award Dinner. I have commissioned Paul to write a special song for Coach Groves' 80th birthday.

I was also rocked with the revelation that Paul was in a band with Steve Black while at PSU!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. Keep up the good work! (Try to mention others to encourage them to comment too!)

 
Web Statistics