Friday, October 16, 2009

"Der Schnee" Wins Penn State National


*


For the first time that I can remember, a Cross-Country race at Penn State was canceled because of snow! Some of the teams that were scheduled to participate went to Lock Haven for a chance to race this weekend. It is not known whether the Alumni team participated.

This represents the earliest in recorded history that more than 20% of the continental US is snow covered. It has also been stated that this was the earliest that snow blanketed State College since 1901. I know differently, however. I did a morning run on October 12, 1977 before 6:00 AM (yes Coach, I really did!) and slipped on the snow and hurt my hip. My running log does not lie!

* Artist's interpretation of the 3 mile mark on the golf course.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. Keep up the good work! (Try to mention others to encourage them to comment too!)

 
Web Statistics