Friday, April 16, 2010

Memories of Veterans Stadium and More Physics

I spent a lot of time on the 700-level of Veterans Stadium over the years. I even have a friend whose dad named the stadium as part of a contest. I usually spent $2 for a ticket to a game at which I would see 5 and sometimes 6 Hall of Famers on the field at the same time!  Soda or beer cost more than the ticket to the game.

I saw some pretty horrendous things in the stands in those days.  The mob mentality has no better place to reside than Philadelphia (except maybe New York when the electricity goes out).  But nothing is as good as this.  The new Citizens Bank Stadium has apparently channeled The Vet quite well.

And here's another Physics story for those that feel deprived. Quasars disobeying the laws of physics with impunity!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. Keep up the good work! (Try to mention others to encourage them to comment too!)

 
Web Statistics