Monday, November 15, 2010

Ten Questions: Kate Curran, Head Coach St. Lawrence University

1. What song immediately brings back memories of Penn State? Zombie Nation. Can’t say I have ever been a big techno fan but it was always good to hear this played at football games. I also worked summers for Gatorade out of Beaver Stadium for 6 years, and heard more than a few sound checks with this one.
2. Who was the biggest team clown during your track years? It always seemed like Shawn Cavanaugh could get everyone laughing pretty good.
3. What was your best PSU Track or XC performance? 10:49 Steeple, it’s not an impressive mark, but it did just barely get me into the NCAA Regional Championships. Jess Riden also informed me this spring that I’m just barely hanging on to a top ten mark with that one.
4. What is your best Coach Groves memory? I keep a book with important quotes - Coach Groves has his own section. I run into him at a few meets every year and always make some great additions to the book. My all time favorite memory comes down to seeing him retrieve a Koi fish out of the steeple pit with a bucket (shirtless) or the time he showed me his red boxer briefs, absolutely priceless.
5. What was your favorite haunt/watering hole in State College back in the day. I went to Sports Café on my 21st birthday, does that count?
6. What was your least favorite workout? Repeat K’s on the indoor track.
7. What was the best place you lived while at Penn State? 328 West Nittany Ave with Matt Lincoln, Adam Voll, Molly Landreth, Colleen Connell, and Jenny Stevens…In my 5th year Erinn Otterson, Dan Ernie and a few others from the team moved in as well.
8. Who from the team do you wish you could get in contact with? Facebook has changed things, I still am able to keep in pretty good contact with most of my teammates. (Facebook is also the only way (so far) we know each other.  She may have to rethink the merits of it!)
9. What exercising do you currently do? I am very fortunate to be able to run with the teams I coach at St. Lawrence University. I usually run anywhere between 25-40 miles per week.
10. What was the actual ratio of Morning workouts/runs reported vs. those actually done? 1/1

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. Keep up the good work! (Try to mention others to encourage them to comment too!)

 
Web Statistics