Monday, February 7, 2011

Some Love For the Throwers

The Sykes-Sabock Challenge had an exciting finish in the Men's Shot Put this past weekend.  The first and third finishes for PSU's Blake Eaton and Joe Kovacs put Penn State high among the Big Ten performances so far this year.  Their events can play a big part of the fight for a Big Ten Title.  They seem up to the challenge.

Blake's final throw in The Ashenfelter Complex gave him the victory and a Personal Best of 62 feet, 1 1/4 inches!  Joe heaved the spherical implement 60 feet 8 3/4 inches.

Field events are rarely featured on this site because I was a skinny distance runner.  My PR in the Shot Put is between 11 and 12 feet, I believe.  That was with the college shot though! Only once was I embraced by the "Big Guys" while on a trip to Syracuse.  Come to think of it, I think I was used as a mascot or something by the brutes.  (Seriously, any of you guys have any stories, photos or videos to spread, just let me know.  We're all about the love.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. Keep up the good work! (Try to mention others to encourage them to comment too!)

 
Web Statistics