Thursday, February 3, 2011

The Year of the Rabbit

Way too many pictures of Larry lately, I know!  But Luke Watson was in this one, so I included it anyway.  Luke's hair and Ryan's "Tasmanian Devil" eyes give this photo a classic look.

This being the Chinese Year of the Rabbit, I thought I would celebrate Luke's rabbiting of the recent Invitational Mile at the Penn State National Indoor Meet.  Coming just two weeks after his Marathon victory in Bermuda, I was amazed to see his splendid 1:58 880 yards at the start of the event.  Watch the video and you'll see his start wasn't quite smooth, but the fast-twitch vs. slow-twitch wars going on in his legs probably created a little confusion for his entire body.

Luke is a PSU grad student, having done his undergrad running at Notre Dame.  Something we never, ever, hold against him!  We rarely even bring it up, really.  His best mile is 3:57.83. Did I mention that was while at Notre Dame?  Not that any of us care, mind you.  I'm just saying.

At least he beat the Wolverine.

5 comments:

  1. Let me point out that I beat 3 Big Ten rivals in the above pic:

    2. Nate Brannen, Mich, 3:57
    3. Nick Willis, Mich, 3:57
    4. Ian Connor, (OSU alum), 3:58

    Boaz Cheboiywo (EMU) was 5th in 3:58.

    Ah, to be young and speedy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. In my day it was "Sh**t on Pitt", but beating the Big Ten is the same idea updated. I was young, but never speedy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I propose a moratorium on Mangan pictures, particularly with guys 30 years younger!! LTM

    ReplyDelete
  4. Larry looks as young and fit as Luke and Ryan. All he needs now are orange shoes!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. Keep up the good work! (Try to mention others to encourage them to comment too!)

 
Web Statistics