Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Indoor Season Beckons

I've had a little meme going for a while now.  I preview the next season with some vintage photos of yesteryear.  But I may be running out of vintage photos!  I need new submissions or I'll have to start recycling more than my empty Mountain Dew containers.

Anyway, here's some photos from some indoor races from the 70's.  As always, wonderful prizes will be won by those naming the participants.  Extra credit for the name of the facilities and the exact year.

I'm hoping to entice a large contingent of PSU Track Alumni Golfers to the Penn State National Indoor Meet on January 31/February 1.  Maybe a special edition Wrist Band will be available!

All photos from Group Friend Walt Chadwick.






3 comments:

  1. Maguire
    Bankes
    Berry
    Fredericks
    Fredericks

    The bottom two might be at the old Spectrum in Philadelphia.

    Are the middle two from Manley Field House?

    ReplyDelete
  2. CYO College Park, Maryland

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ding, ding, ding. Well, all but Manley Field House. A box of Mary Janes or similar nasty candies is on it's way to our winners via Amazon Drone! (Really though, you can get a special edition wrist band at the PSU National Indoor Meet.)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. Keep up the good work! (Try to mention others to encourage them to comment too!)

 
Web Statistics