Thursday, November 19, 2015

The Very Top

Thanks to Bob Radzwich and our very own Golden Putter Attendant for alerting me to another high honor to one of our own.

I've told the story before about how my very first run after matriculating at Penn State was with Mark Parker (I'm certain), Tim Backenstose (I think) and Campbell Lovett (I'm pretty sure).  Each of these guys were 6' 4" at least and every one of them were at least 60 pounds heavier than I was.  I was scared to death and didn't utter a peep as they took me on a 10 mile tour of the pine barrens that lasted for 2 hours at 6:00/mile pace.  Even my lowly math skills alerted to me that I might have bitten off more than I could chew!  None of them would remember me at all, but they left an indelible mark on this Freshman.

Mark Parker was just named Fortune Magazine's Business-Person of the Year.  Congrats Mark.  But can you golf?  (Hint: You're a better golfer than I .) Hope to see you one day at the Coach Groves Golf Tourney and Reunion!

 
Web Statistics