Sunday, May 28, 2017

Oh, So Long Ago


Our Chief Laundry and Morale Officer somehow found 1977 PIAA results and sent me a pic.  For the younger set out there, this was when we still measured things in yards, wore little skimpy shorts, had long hair, and ran on track surfaces you would be triggered by!  (Just joking...)

The specific events in the pic were selected as they include three future Freshman on the Penn State teams.  George Severine 880Y (1:55 880HS to 800U!) and Marc Dunmire Mile (RIP) join me in the medalists in the distance events listed.

As it turns out, I was 3 for 3 in my District and State races, as I won both the Mile and 2-Mile at Districts and the 2-Mile at States.  (The disqualification for tripping Inside Track-Harrisburg Manager Henry Klugh in the Mile at Districts sealed my 2-Mile effort at States. A true blessing in disguise!)  It took a 58 second last lap to erase a 60 yard deficit to win. Maybe our Grand Exalted IT Czar can verify those facts for those who realize that accuracy isn't my best feature! And I never even qualified for Districts in my first three years!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. Keep up the good work! (Try to mention others to encourage them to comment too!)

 
Web Statistics