Sunday, September 17, 2017

Another Remarkable Lion


“Once I get through the gates, most of the time I forget that I’m in a wheelchair,” Tek said. “The kids make me feel just like one of them and that helps me forget about everything.”
-Tom Kleban.

Read more here: http://www.centredaily.com/news/local/community/state-college/article173805421.html#storylink=cpy


I ran into Tom Kleban on the Friday night before the Pitt game as I had dinner at the Wegmans on North Atherton.  (I had Kung Pao chicken and shrimp!)  I forgot to ask him about the apocryphal story of him and his brothers blowing up Coach Groves' mailbox as kids. (Coach Groves told me that several years ago.)  Actually, the story is just too good to ever find out that it really didn't happen!

Here's a CDT article about Tom's coaching prowess.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. Keep up the good work! (Try to mention others to encourage them to comment too!)

 
Web Statistics