Monday, September 4, 2017

He Puts The Labor In Labor Day


I learned a new thing today when I took Daughter the Younger to Gettysburg College for a prospective college student visit.  Turns out Private colleges like Gettysburg are in session as the rest of us contemplate hot dogs and hamburgers after sleeping in.

Among the bustling activities on this non-holiday for the Gettysburg inhabitants, was the activities of the Gettysburg College Admissions Staff, with Senior Director Darryl Jones in charge.  Getting a teammate hug at the beginning of the day from Darryl helped take the sting out of the tuition/room board numbers for next year.

All of you know I am prone to hyperbole at times, but I must say that Darryl is as good at his job as anyone I know on this planet.  His speech was a thing of beauty.  Honest, straight-forward and devoid of anything that could be called political correctness.  And I came out of there knowing that my daughter would be in the best of hands during the application process.

I have said before that PSU Track Alumni (Golfers) are the most interesting, intelligent and accomplished people I have ever met.  Darryl Jones is all of that, and more.  And even better, if my daughter decides to matriculate at Gettysburg, I know her hurdles coach!

Darryl Jones



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. Keep up the good work! (Try to mention others to encourage them to comment too!)

 
Web Statistics