Tuesday, January 9, 2018

A True Gentleman


I was happy to see that our Chief Laundry and Morale Officer posted a couple of nice remembrances on the Facebook page about the passing of Penn State's Dean of Running, Horace Ashenfelter III, as I was away from Blog control.


It really is too late for me to add much to the many heartfelt regards streaming in from all over the world.  All I will add is that I was honored to be able to speak with him several years ago at our Reunion.  I was tickled to hear him tell me that a 3 to 5 mile run should be considered a long run!  He was also delighted to learn that we named the prize for the longest putt on hole 18 after him at the Coach Groves Golf Tournament.


Mr. Ashenfelter with our Golden Putter.
And don't forget to vote for the 2017 Performance of the Year on the left sidebar of the full website!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. Keep up the good work! (Try to mention others to encourage them to comment too!)

 
Web Statistics