Sunday, January 28, 2018

Big News! It Was A Great Day In State College. Where Were You?


I had a wonderful day in Happy Valley yesterday.  I'm back at the three computers making up Blog Central again.  Too bad that two of them are on the fritz and the third one seems sluggish.

The day started out with a visit with final semester Daughter the Elder.  The shopping trip on her behalf didn't cost me too much, so I got off easy.  And her dog was rewarded with a dog bed from Five Below which she apparently really likes.

I held off on a Kung Pao lunch as we traveled to Coach Groves' favorite haunt, Panera in downtown State College for grilled cheese and tomato soup.  Driving past the blocks-long line to get into The Rathskeller reminded me of a few of my classmates (I'm thinking of you Mark Haywood!).

Then it was off to the Penn State National Meet for the afternoon Invitational events.  Got to see many Alumni (Golfers) and saw several winners of our Annual Performance of the Year polls.  There were a couple of highlights during the meet, which I will bring in future posts.

Then it was off to Little Szechuan (solid 8/10 on the Kung Pao scale I made up.) with Daughter the Elder for a real Kung Pao Dinner!  (You knew it was coming, didn't you?)

I then stopped in at the Coaches' Reception at Pickle's before heading home in the rain.  All in all, a good day.  It was great seeing so many of the best people on earth.

Big News:

In the days leading up to the Penn State National, some really great Track Alumni (Golfers) stepped up and put us over-the-top in our quest to fully fund a tuition scholarship in Coach Groves' name for the program.  That's right, we topped our goal of $300,000!  A few of our friends visited Coach Groves to present him with the certificate from the Penn State Varsity Club detailing the news.

We will have more on this to come, along with some additional stories, pics and videos from the exciting weekend.

Greg Fredericks, Bob Radzwich,Coach Groves, Larry Mangan and Mark Hawkins.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. Keep up the good work! (Try to mention others to encourage them to comment too!)

 
Web Statistics