Saturday, June 6, 2009

A Note About Eligiblity to Our Group


There has been much confusion (imagine my blog confusing anyone!) as to just what is a Penn State Track and Field Alumni Golfer. I have even had correspondence with those out there who feel they didn't contribute enough to PSU Track to qualify. Nothing could be further from the truth.

The only qualifier needed for entry to our group is caring about Penn State Track/Cross-Country. You need not be a golfer. You need not be an alumni. Men and women are welcome. Kids are approved. Friends of other members are OK. Remember, its not about the golf.

Pictured above are 4 of our second generation members with Steve Balkey, none of which have run for PSU (yet!) and none who have taken a course at PSU (yet!). They are shown wearing their special shirts from Steve Balkey's Ameron Construction, a nice touch which I'm sure will now be duplicated!

So, if you are out there wondering whether "would anyone remember me?", "was I good enough to qualify?", "would Coach care if I came?", the answer is YES. No one has taken me up on my guarantee of having a good time. Sign up today for a great time next year!

Addendum: For you 800 meter guys out there! The PSU is 800 U t-shirts can now be ordered.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. Keep up the good work! (Try to mention others to encourage them to comment too!)

 
Web Statistics