Friday, June 17, 2011

Awards and Milestones

animated eagle&flag Pictures, Images and Photos

The Penn State Men placed 11th in the Program of the Year standings for the United States Track and Field/Cross Country Coaches' Association, while the Women placed 17th.  This was the highest the men have placed since 1993.  Congrats to the entire staff and athletes.

And in the milestone category, I have passed the 4 year mark in my quest to be enshrined in the annals of the American Running Streak Association.  I have achieved an average of 2.8 miles daily (with another 3.5 miles on the elliptical trainer to save my surgically enhanced knees!).  Tomorrow starts the 5th year of running at least 1 continuous mile every day.  It isn't much, yet I encourage everyone to try.  I know of at least one fellow alum I have convinced to take up the quest.  (And you know who you are!)  I have been asked to provide some sort of proof to authenticate that this out-of-shape hobby-jogger is actually on the up-and-up, and so I offer this video of me on my beloved treadmill.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. Keep up the good work! (Try to mention others to encourage them to comment too!)

 
Web Statistics