Saturday, June 11, 2011

Whoa!: An Incredible Race: PSU 800 M Record

Don't get me wrong.  This site is all about Penn State and my current hot topic is PSU's 800 M past and present.  But I just have to admit that Robbie Andrews of Virginia is a special runner.  Stayed in the back of the field for the first 80% of the race and then passed everyone in the last 23 seconds to take the title in a time only 1/100 of a second off the Championship record!  America has four college 800 M runners at 1:45.xx or better and all of them are true sophomores.  Have I mentioned my favorite race is the 800M?  My PR 1:58 (in HS) not withstanding.

Cas Loxsom ran a great race.  He finished fourth in a new Penn State Record of 1:45.31!  Both Cas and Sam Borchers will be representing PSU at the upcoming USATF Championships.

And Joe Kovacs finished 3rd in the Shot Put!  Blake Eaton took 9th place, so there's 2 more All-Americans in the mix.  Way to go, guys!







Watch more video of NCAA Outdoor Track and Field Championships 2011 on flotrack.org

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. Keep up the good work! (Try to mention others to encourage them to comment too!)

 
Web Statistics