Wednesday, December 16, 2015

I'm Reposting The 1977 AIAW Results Post Because I Added In The Top Movies And Songs


Top Movies 1977:
  1. Annie Hall  "Sometimes when I'm driving... on the road at night... I see two headlights coming toward me. Fast. I have this sudden impulse to turn the wheel quickly, head-on into the oncoming car. I can anticipate the explosion. The sound of shattering glass. The... flames rising out of the flowing gasoline." Christopher Walken as Duane Hall.
  2. Star Wars   (Now Episode IV...)  "Now, witness the power of this fully operational battle station."
  3. Close Encounters of the Third Kind   "We are not alone."
 Top Songs 1977:
  1. Tonight's the Night - Rod Stewart   (Prom theme from coast to coast.)
  2. I Just Want To Be Your Everything - Andy Gibb
  3. Best of My Love - Emotions

Andy Gibb.


The AIAW XC Championships started in 1975, but the first All-American Team wasn't chosen until the 1977 race.  That happens to be the year that our very own Kathy Mills Parker dominated the field.  Our 2nd and 3rd team members were very high in the field with Kris Bankes garnering the final of 15 AA positions.  But that left out Liz Berry Larsen, the 16th finisher that day!  Other scorers that day were Hillary Noden and Mary Rawe (Camp Hill's phenom and future wife of our own Coach extraordinaire Tom Rapp).  The sixth and seventh runners were Donna Gardner and Penny Fales.

Tom Rapp, Mary Rawe Rapp with Tom's ex-roommate Larry Mangan.


Here's some bits from the Eastern Kentucky University Special Collections Archive:






 
Web Statistics