Friday, December 18, 2015

Another Third Place In The AIAW Championships: 1979

Top Movies 1979:
  1. Apocalypse Now   " I love the smell of napalm in the morning."
  2. Alien     " The pit is completely enclosed. And it's full of leathery objects, like eggs or something."
  3. Mad Max     "I am the Nightrider. I'm a fuel injected suicide machine. I am the rocker, I am the roller, I am the out-of-controller!"
Top Songs 1979:
  1. My Sharona - The Knack
  2. Bad Girls - Donna Summer
  3. Le Freak - Chic 
Two Nittany Lions placed in the top 10 of the 1979 AIAW Cross Country Championships.  Fourth place finisher Kathy Mills was joined by Heather Carmichael in 8th place.  The team finished in third behind first time winner North Carolina State and Oregon.


This cements Patty Murnane's name on the listing of Greatest PSU Womens XC Runners. Coming Soon.
 
Web Statistics