Don't forget to vote in the second Semi-Final for the Performance of the Year 2016! You must visit the full web site and vote for 3 on the left sidebar!
Here'a a scene from many people's favorite Christmas Movie. It was a mild flop when it first opened, but gathered steam fairly well in the years since. This scene stars Sheldon Leonard (for whom the two main characters on Big Bang Theory are named) better known as an influential television producer in the years after.
Some Things Coach Groves taught me:
- "Athletics is for education and recreation, nothing else. Winning is important only in that you learn more." During an interview with him at the Alumni Run.
- "Keep the damn window closed." Told to every one of his charges at one time or another.
- Don't call him Harry unless he says you can. I still don't anyway.
- "... for a brief time, I'm the greatest Track Coach in the world." This was said by him only in acknowledging all the great things said about him at his retirement dinner. He was paraphrasing a speech he saw Jesse Owens once give.
- "Sometimes, hard work is your only reward." Told to me following a seeming failure of mine in my Sophomore year.
- "You must do something about the cheating." Following the 2009 Golf Tourney where he golfed with every foursome for 2 holes.
- "You just don't f*** with a f*****." This has been misconstrued by everyone since I purposely placed it on the blog. The "f****** involved was Coach Groves himself, and he was commending both Tim Backenstose and myself for never f****** with him. And I never have.
- "The most important part of the course is the part just after the big hill."
- (Insert your own in the comments below or via our Facebook site.)