Wednesday, August 10, 2011

"Early" Women's Team Reunites and Christens Mondo Surface

When the Men's Team Alumni get together from the 70's and 80's, they call us "Old".  But when the Women's Team from the same era get together, it's called "Early"!  Either way, it's good to see them getting together.  It's also a chance to invite all of them to our Annual Harry Groves Golf Tournament and soon-to-be expanded Reunion Weekend!  Details will be upcoming shortly following our phone conference among the doers and shakers of our group and Coach Beth Alford-Sullivan.  There are big things coming for everyone involved in the past or present PSU Track (and Field) and Cross-Country Programs.  That means every era of both Mens and Womens Teams.  Stay tuned.

Chris Bankes, Liz (Berry) Larsen and Kathy (Mills) Parker were among the dozen or so lucky people to take a lap on the newly resurfaced indoor track.  I still have not jogged on the track, old surface or new.

3 comments:

  1. Hey Dave. I was honored to be invited to this nice gathering. I did put in a plug for the golf/hiking weekend. Even sent Liz the web link. Now if I could just remember all their names. Old age. glf

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually put Liz Berry's name down as Larkin at first. Names are not my forte either. Sorry Liz. I suppose I could just say it was revenge for almost beating me at that marathon in 1978!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. Keep up the good work! (Try to mention others to encourage them to comment too!)

 
Web Statistics